8.8.08

Peanut Butter Time

Dear Diary,

I'd like to take a moment and give a shout out to peanut butter.

Throughout my pregnancy, peanut butter has been a true and steadfast friend. In the early days, it was one of very few foods that I could contemplate without dry heaving. And now in the later days, when I am craving an entire cake I slap some on whole wheat crackers and eat that instead. A poor substitute for cake, you say? Nah. The satisfaction I get from eating peanut butter and crackers instead of cake is worth it. No nutritional guilt, no unnecessary pregnancy poundage. It is such a low maintenance friend. Doesn't need refrigeration or preparation. It's there when you need it. And if you're really in a bind, no utensil is necessary. Come on, who hasn't stuck their finger into a jar of peanut butter? I just can't say enough good things about it. Before pregnancy, I couldn't have cared less about peanut butter. But I will never take it for granted again.

Sweet Mary, who am I kidding? I STILL WANT CAKE. My birthday is next week and god DAMN if I'm not going to bake myself a cake and eat it.

Love,
Fluffy

6 comments:

CaraBee said...

Found you through Bailey over at I'm not Saying...I "discovered" peanut butter when I was pregnant too and am still totally hooked on it. Baby is 10 months old. And hell yeah I've stuck my hand in the jar. Don't tell my husband though.

Maddness of Me said...

peanut butter consumption by pregnant mothers causes peanut allegries in infants.

I'M JUST KIDDING!!!!

Sorry, I couldn't resist.

Muffy Willowbrook said...

Happy Birthday early Fluffy!

Peanut Butter is spectacular. Keep it up.

Anonymous said...

Finger in the jar - bah, my head's been in the jar.

Now I'm dreaming of PB swirled around in a bowl of ice cream...that was my go-to

Bailey said...

Enjoy your cake! You deserve it!

I also share the love of the PB. I've had a pb&j for lunch just about everyday of my pregnancy so far.

Cindy said...

Dear Fluffy,

Please come over to my blog for my three-ingredient peanut butter cookie recipe. You will love it.

Love,
Cindy