What we have here is a regulation size baby, now that I'm 37 weeks.
And according to the baby doctor, I've been busy effacing. 30%! I have the feeling this baby will hold out until the bitter end, but I have been gently encouraging him to consider arriving sooner, so that I can be done with all the pregnancy. I've been telling him about all the things he can enjoy on the outside, like:
- his totally awesome room, that is not a craphole like the rest of the house
- Ninja Warrior
- his delightful, indulgent parents
- the bbq joint in our neighborhood (true, he won't be able to indulge for quite some time but he's welcome to have a whiff of ribs whenever we order them)
- 2 large and affectionate dogs (not sure if this one is a big incentive)
- more room to stretch out (seriously dude, it's getting a little tight in there)
- Paddington Bear
I've tried to stay away from mentioning the more unpleasant realities of life on the outside, like rude fat people, the christian right, and household chores. Don't want to scare him.
In other news, I have no other news because pregnancy is taking up my entire body and my entire life. Aaaaaaaa!