1.10.08

Housewife to housewife...

About the daytime talk shows:

- When did Rachael Ray start looking so much like James Gandolphini? Not that she's ever been particularly svelte, but it looks like her face recently exploded (not to mention her ass). Yowza.

- I think the theme music for the Martha Stewart show is all wrong. It just does not go with Martha's style. Also, why is that show so popular? I love me some Martha, but that show is a snoozefest. Here, watch me cut fabric and try to make conversation with my guests even though I have no personality or sense of humor. And you can almost see the steam rising from her as she has to stop herself from screaming "UR DOIN IT WRONG!!!!!!"

- I like Ellen, but why does she have to do the dancing thing every single show? It's awkward and makes everyone uncomfortable. What makes me more uncomfortable is watching the people in the audience try to dance too, what with the uncoordinated, self-conscious swaying and clapping. Eeesh.

Love,
Fluffy

6 comments:

Elizabeth said...

Rachel Ray's voice makes me want to stab myself in the ear drums to render myself deaf.

La Rivera said...

I only watch Martha like three times a year, but Jennifer Garner was the one guest I ever saw her tolerate well. While mixing cupcake batter, Jen said, "Hold your horses, Martha." and Martha actually seemed to enjoy being ordered around. Very funny.

Bailey said...

Rachel Ray is not allowed in my house. If I hear her voice from another room, I start screaming.

Good luck with the (temporary) SAHM mom thing. I'm sure it will get easier as time goes by (but I have to say that since I'm kind of in the same boat).

Anonymous said...

If you get a chance and you get the Fine Living Network (Channel 232 on Direct TV), watch "Whatever Martha" hosted by Martha Stewart's daughter Alexis and her sidekick. It comes on 9 p.m. Wednesday nights and they pick segments out of various old Martha shows to "critique". Too funny!

Anonymous said...

OMG, it's soo bad, isn't it?! I've been out of work with gestational diabetes for the last seven weeks and these shows BLOW!! The one I actually hate the most is the Mike and Juliet Show. Where did they find these two morons? And after today I have to add The Doctors. What a crock of poo. These programs are the dumbing down of America at it's finest. I've been reduced to looking forward to Oprah every afternoon.

Amy

Unknown said...

Poor Rachel, can you believe that not so long ago she did a photo shoot for Maxim or one of those silly Men's magazines!?

Of course, you could tell the pics were airbrushed to the hilt, but she definitely has spread a bit in the last 12 months!