8.1.10

Hardly Working at Home

Dear Diary,

My parents are here right now, playing with Edwin so that I can get a few hours of work done. So of course, I am instead taking this opportunity to dick around on the internets (which is exactly what I'd be doing if I were in the office). Well, I'm sort of working, but it's hard to concentrate because I find myself listening to everything going on downstairs. Is he wearing them out? Is he being a tyrant? Did he poop and my mom is pretending not to notice? It's really hard to let go of parenting duties when your kid's still in the house.

I'm getting my hair did tomorrow. I really, REALLY need a new look. I'm considering bringing Ed in there to get a little trim. We haven't cut his hair yet, but he's starting to rock a little bit of a mullet. Whenever I say that I'm not ready to cut his hair, the BHE calls me Celine Dion (but by the way, recent tabloid reports indicate that she has finally cut that kid's hair). I wouldn't go that far, it's just that I'm not ready for him to have a little boy cut. I like his little baby curls. But it's a slippery slope, I guess. The other day I caught myself thinking that it's a shame you can't put barrettes in little boys' hair. I mean, how cute are barrettes, not to mention useful for wayward bangs? Why should they only be for little girls? No fair, I say. So maybe it's time for a trim, before I start experimenting with headbands.

Love,
Fluffy

3 comments:

Kate said...

Funny you should say that - I stuck a bobby pin in Ian's hair yesterday (at his request) and thought the same thing. His bangs are a little out of control, and really, he just looked so pretty...

I do take writing classes online, btw, at the Gotham Writers Workshop. When I was researhing online classes this seemed like a really reputable place. I've only taken one class there so far but I enjoyed it - my next one starts this week.

Anonymous said...

Your blog keeps getting better and better! Your older articles are not as good as newer ones you have a lot more creativity and originality now keep it up!

Erin B. McGann said...

Hahaha, you're hilarious. I'm not that into kids- not that your kid isn't cute- but you make being a parent sound like lot of fun. You have a fantastic sense of humor. I totally appreciate the pessimistic sarcasm! Props to you. =)